Friday 2 May 2008

Travel grassroots video: better than slides?

I have been experimenting with grassroots video making and the following is an attempt to provide an alternative to interminable slide shows. I used a simple digital still camera and took lots of short vids. Is it better than or complementary to snaps? I have just been on a holiday to Japan.



The biggest breakthrough in making this is that I have recently acquired the latest mac with includes iMovie 2008 which makes video editing significantly easier. About as easy as word processing and just as fluid.

This creative effort raises some curly questions though, that are inherent to movie-making. Should I use a soundtrack, is the music too syrupy, and lots of other film making issues that most of us have little experience with.

No comments: